Sculpture conservation, restoration & commissions
Scotland’s sculpture specialists.
Graciela Ainsworth Sculpture Conservation is an award-winning company in the field of conservation and restoration of public and privately-owned sculpture and statuary, museum artefacts, carved stonework and historic building fabric.
The company, with over 25 years experience and accredited by ICON, has an expert team of 9 trained conservators, artists and sculptors available for projects throughout the UK all of whom pride themselves in completing high quality conservation and restoration work within budget.
Recent high-profile projects include:
- Conservation of the six 1720’s stucco Muses in the great hall of Seaton Delaval, and the Conservation to the external carved sandstone pediment of Seaton Delaval Hall for the National Trust.
- Conservation of the ten Da Maiano renaissance terracotta roundels and the Wolsey Coat of Arms installed at Hampton Court Palace in 1521.
- Conservation of marble sculptures at the National Museum of Scotland.
- Decorative painting and gilding works to recreate the historic interiors at Stirling Palace, including the painting of the Stirling Heads.
- Re-carving the heads, arms and legs of Robert Burns and Highland Mary in marble, for West Lothian Council and the Bathgate Historical Conservation Society.
- Conservation of 7 bronze statues at Kelvingrove Park and Elder Park, Glasgow.
- Recent completion of the conservation of the plaster cast collection at Edinburgh College of Art and University of Edinburgh, including an original cast of the Parthenon Frieze.
- Completion of the conservation of the Roman Stone collection for the recently refurbished Hunterian Museum, Glasgow.
- Conservation of 49 plaques, panels and finials at Abbotsford House, the home of Sir Walter Scott.
- Conservation of four renaissance stone heraldic panels, and the re-carving of two new heraldic panels for the renaissance Scone Archway at Scone Palace.
- Dismantling, Conservation and Installation of the Pictish cross-slab at Nigg.
What we do
- Contemporary Sculpture
- Decorative Arts
- Gallery Objects
- Garden Statuary
- Graveyards & Gravestones
- Historic Building Facades
- Historic Interiors
- Museum Artefacts
- Pictish Stones
- Private and Public Sculptures
- War Memorials
- Letter-cutting and writing
- Traditional and contemporary sculpture
- Decant and Recant of Museums and Gallery Objects
- Lifting and Shifting of Private Sculpture, Statuary and Artworks
- Logistics and Costings
- Transportation / Haulage
- Crane Hire
- Lifting Equipment
- Wrapping and Packing/Collection Care
- Design of bespoke Plinths and Mounts
- Production of Display Mounts and Plinths
- Display Solutions
- Fixing Solutions